Sharing is caring!
This week's ICT tool is Kahoot.
Kahoot is a fun, interactive, online quiz which allows teachers to easily check whether the students understood the explained material. You can quite easily create an account on www.create.kahoot.it. As soon as you have your account, you can create your own quiz or take a look at the public quizes created by others.
Kahoot only features multiple choice questions, but the students most certainly perceive it as a lot of fun. My students always become very enthusiastic and competitive and because of that they will try their uppermost best to give the correct answer as quickly as possible.The quiz is displayed on the teacher's screen (so a projector comes in very handy) and the answers can be entered via the students' mobile phones or laptops. Please note: In order to play Kahoot, a steady internet connection is a requirement!
- Students have a phone/laptop with internet connection
- Steady internet connection
- Students become very motivated
- Easy and quick to create
- Easy because of the multipe choice
- Easy to add images/videos
- Students may be very loud as they become competitive
- Only multiple choice
- Limit of 20 questions per quiz
- Limit amount of characters per question/answer
Did you try Kahoot yourself? What are your experiences? Leave a comment below!
Any suggestion for another ICT-tool? Let me know!