Sharing is caring!
This week's ICT tool is Zaption!
Zaption is a tool that enables teachers to create a so-called tour. You can load any videos from YouTube, Vimeo or your own computer. After you have chosen and trimmed your video, you can add questions, images and texts. Both multiple choice & open questions belong to the possibilities.
You can create your own tour at www.Zaption.com, completely accustomed to your lesson. Apart from that, you can also choose to play a ready-made video from the public tours. The students watch the video individually, or, if desired, in pairs/groups. They submit the answers directly online, and they receive immediate feedback as to whether they answered correctly or not. When the students are done, the teacher can look at the analytics, allowing you to take a closer look at how your students performed.
- Device whereon videos can be watched.
- Earphones! Hearing the video in stereo times 25 is not quite pleasant.
- Internet connection
- Students can work individually
- The teacher is able to see how the students have performed.
- The students don't only watch a video, they also process the information.
- Perfect for practising listening in foreign languages!
- It takes quite a lot of time to create a tour, as you have to watch the video yourself.
- The students can easily skip questions (although the teacher will be able to notice after they're done)
- In order to use more tools, you'll have to upgrade (which costs money).
Have you ever used Zaption? Please leave a comment!
Any suggestions for another ICT tool? Please let me know!
Do you want to know what it looks like? This is a Zaption tour I recently created: http://zapt.io/t5683jrs
Irene van der Spoel (1996)